The Village Hall
The Hall was originally opened in 1913 after a two-year building period. The idea for a village Club and finance came from Bishop Wilkinson who lived nearby in the Court after his retirement.
The Hall was redeveloped in 2000, and complies with all current legislation, with easy wheelchair access to all areas, and includes full central heating throughout.
It is still primarily a community Hall for the Village, but welcomes considerate outside users, if the booking schedule permits. The Chant Room provides an ideal venue for small meetings.
The Main Hall has a 2.5m fixed stage at one end and has a clear floor area of 14.5 x 5.25m.
Hire of the Hall includes the use of the fully equipped kitchen catering facilities, which can be accessed from the corridor outside the Main Hall.
The Main Hall can accommodate:
• 140 people when used for dancing
• 120 people for a seated audience
• 80 people when seating at tables
• 70 when used for dancing and seating provided at small tables.
• The maximum number on the premises at any one time is 185 persons
The Chant Room
The Chant Room is located upstairs, being accessed independently from the Main Hall, via a staircase with a chair lift. There is seating available at tables for up to 25 persons. It is separately serviced with its own small kitchenette for light refreshments and a large monitor for presentations.
The Hall and Chant Room both have full Wi-Fi facilities and hearing loop systems.
There are disabled parking facilities available and space to load and unload equipment.
To the rear of the Main Hall is a west facing patio, providing additional space in fine weather.
Bookings and Hire Charges
Bookings or enquiries can be made by contacting Ali Smith (Tel: 07789 762179 or Email: email@example.com)
(Reg. Charity No.287213)